Mergers & acquisitions
Our team of over 30 M&A lawyers has a proven track record in working with clients to help them realise, and achieve, their transactional objectives. We are highly experienced at handling acquisitions and disposals of all kinds and work in multidisciplinary teams alongside corporates, shareholders and directors, banks, private equity firms and other professional advisers.
Our advice on acquisitions, disposals and private equity projects has helped numerous businesses and individuals to complete transactions smoothly. We also offer advice to management teams, ensuring the swift completion of intricate sales.
We will assemble a partner-led team comprising business lawyers with specific skill sets to assist you.
As we regularly advise acquirers, sellers, management teams, private equity firms and banks, we are well placed to consider the commercial objectives of all parties to a transaction to then provide tailored and pragmatic advice to our clients.
- Advising AdePT Telecom PLC (AIM quoted) on numerous acquisitions, including Atomwide Limited
- Advising the sellers and management team of an insurance business, Aston Scott Group, on its sale to a Newco backed by private equity firm Bowmark Capital. We also advised the management team in relation to the recent merger of Aston Scott with Lark Insurance
- Acting for Keesing Media BV (part of Die Telegraaf group the Dutch listed newspaper group) in relation to its acquisition of a majority shareholding in Eye to Eye Puzzles Limited and the related joint venture arrangements
- Advised Andrew Pereira, Managing Director of Quadrant Group and his fellow shareholders on their successful management buyout, which was achieved with financial backing from Progeny Group
- Advising on the acquisition of a UK manufacturing company on behalf of a portfolio company backed by Oncap, a private equity firm based in Toronto
- Acting for the shareholders of Kent Frozen Foods on the sale of the company to New York Stock Exchange listed Sysco Corporation
- Advising the sellers of MTR Group Limited on the their sale of the company to Exertis (UK) Limited (a subsidiary of a company quoted on the Main Market of the LSE)
- Acting for Day Lewis PLC and the Paydens Group on numerous retail pharmacy acquisitions
- Advised the management team on the acquisition by Palatine Private Equity of The Bunker Secure Hosting Limited
- Acting for KM (Holdings) Limited on the sale of KM Media Group Limited to Iliffe Media Limited