- Selling shares to a private equity backed acquirer
- Investing as a management team in a private equity transaction
- Investing in a private equity backed group
- Acquiring a company or a group of companies as part of a platform or bolt-on acquisition
- The tax implications of a transaction involving private equity
- Structuring your funds
Our private equity team is made up of specialist corporate lawyers with experience in working with private equity firms, venture capitalists, portfolio companies, sellers to private equity, management teams and buy-in management.
Building lasting relationships with clients is important to us, so we invest time at the start of the relationship to understand the background of a transaction, as well as the client’s objectives. This helps us to deliver a high quality of work, in a pragmatic and commercial manner.
Working in the private equity sector with clients across the spectrum means we are able to understand the objectives of all the parties and provide informed advice to help clients achieve their goals.
We will assemble a partner led team comprising lawyers with specific skill sets to assist you. With specialists in a range of areas including tax, employment, real estate, commercial contracts, technology, intellectual property, IT, data protection, banking and finance and restructuring we can advise on the full life-cycle of a private equity investment.
- Advising the sellers and management team of insurance business, Aston Scott Group, on its sale to a Newco backed by private equity firm Bowmark Capital. We also advised the management team in relation to the recent merger of Aston Scott with Lark Insurance
- Advising on the acquisition of a UK manufacturing company on behalf of a portfolio company backed by Oncap, a private equity firm based in Toronto
- Acting for Park Holidays, who are IDC backed, on their bolt on acquisitions
- Acting for AdEPT on an investment by the Business Growth Fund plc and on all its acquisitions
- Advising the management team on the acquisition by Palatine Private Equity of The Bunker Secure Hosting Limited
- Advising the sellers and ongoing management team in connection with the YFM private equity backed acquisition of Ferrabyrne Limited
- Advising Onwatch Multifire Plc on an international merger with 3 other companies backed by private equity firm The Riverside Company
- Advising the sellers and ongoing management team on the sale of Pyser-SGI Group Limited to Privet Capital
- Advising the buy-in management team in relation to the Foresight private equity backed acquisition of Folkestone Fixings Limited
"They're a very experienced team that you can rely upon. It has a good balance between being commercial and covering legal aspects of transactions."
Clients describe the corporate practice as "excellent," citing the team's "client-focused" approach as a key strength.