- Employment contracts and handbook policies
- Employee share incentives
- Family friendly rights
- Sickness absence
- Disciplinary and grievance procedures
- Restrictive covenants and enforcement
- Employment Tribunal claims
- Business transfers and outsourcing
- Employment law training for your staff
- Employee Ownership Trusts
Our breadth and depth of experience, creativity and above all our ability to provide solution focussed advice means that we can give you guidance, training and support tailored to your specific requirements.
As an employer we understand that each set of circumstances is unique. Simply tell us what the problem is, what your ideal outcome would be, and we will plot the best course of action to resolve matters swiftly and to your satisfaction.
So when you need employment law advice, our team of professionals is ready to step in and work with you. We will also appoint a client relationship partner to listen carefully to your needs and explain the issues that affect you clearly.
- Successfully assisting an international retailer in its defence of a whistle blowing and unfair dismissal claim in excess of £750,000 brought by the former Managing Director of the UK subsidiary.
- Acting in the successful defence of a claim for damages for breach of contract and compensation for unfair dismissal in excess of £500,000 made by a former director who had been dismissed for gross misconduct.
- Acting for an international business in its successful defence of a sex discrimination claim in which the key issue was the alleged less favourable treatment of the claimant during pregnancy and maternity leave.
- Supporting the UK subsidiary of an international electronics company on the closure of its UK operations and the redundancy of its employees.
- Advising an international automobile component manufacturer about redundancies and redeployment following a decision to close its UK site following the transfer of its main customer’s operations to Turkey including assisting with negotiations with the unions.
- Acting for the management team of an international company going into administration and advising about the TUPE issues arising out of a pre-pack sale.
- Advising an international media company on a complex long term sickness issue and achieving a settlement of a claim under its PHI Scheme.
- Advising on the closure of a further education college and the transfer of their staff to two new providers.
- Advising a major broking house on injunction proceedings against two former senior executives.
Don't just take our word for it...
"Cripps LLP has 'a very strong team at all levels', which is able to 'tailor its advice to suit clients' businesses'."
'One of many strengths at Cripps is the depth of knowledge in the team; if one member of the team is unavailable, another is there to help. '
'Another strength of the team, which sets them apart from other firms I have dealt with, is the commercial focus of their advice. I am never told simply the legal position of my enquiry - it's always within the specific context of our business and the objectives that we are seeking to achieve.'
'I have yet to encounter a member of the employment law team that was not of a very high calibre.'