Banking & finance
We have one of the largest teams of finance lawyers in the South region giving us the scale, resource and expertise to advise on large transactions in short time frames.
Our team of finance lawyers is practical, proactive and knowledgeable and provides a specialist service for banks, lenders and businesses. We advise on a wide range of finance options, including debt financing, equity fundraising and crowdfunding.
We act for many different types of clients on transactions of all sizes, ranging from major property investors and developers on their real estate finance facilities and large corporates on their working capital and acquisition finance loans as well as on smaller value loans for SMEs.
We also work closely with and are on the panel for a number of banks and lenders and are members of the LMA, so we view and understand banking and finance from all perspectives. We understand the commercial practicalities of raising finance as well as the parameters within which lenders are willing to lend and investors are willing to invest and so can provide well-informed, practical advice.
We regularly advise on:
- Acquisition finance – we provide transaction support to lenders and to corporate businesses and management teams in relation to business acquisitions and management buy-outs and can call on a team of experts from across the firm to advise on employment, tax, IP and IT issues.
- Corporate banking – we advise borrowers looking to raise working capital or to refinance existing debt. We also advise lenders lending to such borrowers on structuring the deal and drafting and advising on the facility and security documentation and any inter-creditor arrangements.
- Asset finance – we advise lenders and corporate borrowers on factoring, invoice discounting, receivables finance and other asset based lending arrangements.
- Real estate finance – our team advises lenders and borrowers on all aspects of real estate finance, including property investment deals, development facilities and bridging finance and works closely with specialists across the firm on development, construction, planning and tax matters.
- Consumer credit – we help lenders navigate the complex regulatory issues which apply when providing finance to consumers and small business and to ensure they have the correct documentation and processes in place.
- Alternative finance – we advise borrowers in relation to alternative finance options and debt restructuring, including crowd-funding.
"The arrival of Victoria Symons has significantly strengthened the [Banking and Finance] practice at Cripps LLP; clients 'rate her and the team very highly'."
[Cripps Pemberton Greenish's banking and finance practice] "is praised for its 'top levels of service' and for its 'engaging and proactive approach'."