- Acquisition finance – we provide transaction support to lenders and to corporate businesses and management teams in relation to business acquisitions and management buy-outs and can call on a team of experts from across the firm to advise on employment, tax, IP and IT issues.
- Corporate banking – we advise borrowers looking to raise working capital or to refinance existing debt. We also advise lenders lending to such borrowers on structuring the deal and drafting and advising on the facility and security documentation and any inter-creditor arrangements.
- Asset finance – we advise lenders and corporate borrowers on factoring, invoice discounting, receivables finance and other asset based lending arrangements.
- Real estate finance – our team advises lenders and borrowers on all aspects of real estate finance, including property investment deals, development facilities and bridging finance and works closely with specialists across the firm on development, construction, planning and tax matters.
- Consumer credit – we help lenders navigate the complex regulatory issues which apply when providing finance to consumers and small business and to ensure they have the correct documentation and processes in place.
- Alternative finance – we advise borrowers in relation to alternative finance options and debt restructuring, including crowd-funding.
Banking & finance
We have one of the largest teams of finance lawyers in the South region giving us the scale, resource and expertise to advise on large transactions in short time frames.
Our team of finance lawyers is practical, proactive and knowledgeable and provides a specialist service for banks, lenders and businesses. We advise on a wide range of finance options, including debt financing, equity fundraising and crowdfunding.
We act for many different types of clients on transactions of all sizes, ranging from major property investors and developers on their real estate finance facilities and large corporates on their working capital and acquisition finance loans as well as on smaller value loans for SMEs.
We also work closely with and are on the panel for a number of banks and lenders and are members of the LMA, so we view and understand banking and finance from all perspectives. We understand the commercial practicalities of raising finance as well as the parameters within which lenders are willing to lend and investors are willing to invest and so can provide well-informed, practical advice.
- We have acted for a development lender on over 500 transactions over the last 10 years on facilities ranging in size from £1m – £30m, predominately development.
- Advising a commercial bank on a wide range of secured lending instructions across a number of different sectors, including dental practices and pharmacy businesses, including a £14m term loan facility, a £8m invoice finance facility and a £6m refinance of a property portfolio.
- Advising on various UK security arrangements which were part of a larger acquisition finance transaction by a French corporate of a target incorporated in the UK which was being part funded by a syndicate of French banks.
- Acting for an overseas bank on its purchase of a £22m part of an existing £102m syndicated loan.
- Acted for Liberty Property Trust on its £130m refinancing of a portfolio of 13 properties located in England, Wales and Scotland with The Prudential Insurance Company of America.
- Acted for one of the UK’s largest independent pharmacy operators on its £160m multi-bank refinance which provided the group with an acquisition facility.
- Acted for AdEPT Telecom Plc on its financing needs, including a £30m 5 year syndicated facility with Barclays Bank and RBS. The team also advised AdEPT on finance obtained from the Business Growth Fund which was provided through the syndicated loan and also through a convertible loan note instrument. AdEPT used these funds for new acquisitions which the firm also advised on.
- Acted for The University of Kent in relation to its £75m facility with the European Investment Bank to finance the development of a new campus.
- Acted for Chapel Down plc, the largest maker of English wines, on its £3.95m placing and crowdfunding; the first crowdfunding carried out by a quoted company in the world .
- Acted for Holiday Extras Investments Limited in securing a £10million increase to its existing revolving credit facility in place with RBS (from £19 million to £29 million) in connection with the financing of an MBO of the Holiday Extras group.
Don't just take our word for it...
"The arrival of Victoria Symons has significantly strengthened the [Banking and Finance] practice at Cripps LLP; clients 'rate her and the team very highly'."
[Cripps Pemberton Greenish's banking and finance practice] "is praised for its 'top levels of service' and for its 'engaging and proactive approach'."
'The team are extremely knowledgeable and pragmatic.'
'Nothing was too much trouble and I was completely comfortable throughout the process that everything was being handled well by the team.'
'I would single out the depth and breadth of services and professionalism of the people.'
"I would recommend them for their commercialism and professionalism: they get the job done, they provide strong communication on deals and they move the process along quickly."
[The Banking and Finance team is ] "approachable, contactable and happy to give guidance and opinions."
"Cripps Pemberton Greenish is known for its strength in the funds space, and is also well regarded for its acquisition finance and asset finance work."
"responsive and objective,"
"They've given us all the answers we want while at the same time thinking creatively."