Our experience in banking & finance
- We have acted for a development lender on over 500 transactions over the last 10 years on facilities ranging in size from £1m – £30m, predominately development.
- Advising a commercial bank on a wide range of secured lending instructions across a number of different sectors, including dental practices and pharmacy businesses, including a £14m term loan facility, a £8m invoice finance facility and a £6m refinance of a property portfolio.
- Advising on various UK security arrangements which were part of a larger acquisition finance transaction by a French corporate of a target incorporated in the UK which was being part funded by a syndicate of French banks.
- Acting for an overseas bank on its purchase of a £22m part of an existing £102m syndicated loan.
- Acted for Liberty Property Trust on its £130m refinancing of a portfolio of 13 properties located in England, Wales and Scotland with The Prudential Insurance Company of America.
- Acted for one of the UK’s largest independent pharmacy operators on its £160m multi-bank refinance which provided the group with an acquisition facility.
- Acted for AdEPT Telecom Plc on its financing needs, including a £30m 5 year syndicated facility with Barclays Bank and RBS. The team also advised AdEPT on finance obtained from the Business Growth Fund which was provided through the syndicated loan and also through a convertible loan note instrument. AdEPT used these funds for new acquisitions which the firm also advised on.
- Acted for The University of Kent in relation to its £75m facility with the European Investment Bank to finance the development of a new campus.
- Acted for Chapel Down plc, the largest maker of English wines, on its £3.95m placing and crowdfunding; the first crowdfunding carried out by a quoted company in the world .
- Acted for Holiday Extras Investments Limited in securing a £10million increase to its existing revolving credit facility in place with RBS (from £19 million to £29 million) in connection with the financing of an MBO of the Holiday Extras group.