We will identify which aspects of your IP need protecting and explain why doing so will help your business.
As our intellectual property lawyers can explain, we can take numerous measures in connection with your commercial relationships to prevent the unauthorised commercialisation and exploitation of your IP and to ensure that the value of your IP is properly harnessed and utilised.
Copyright, patents, database rights and trade marks all form a core part of your IP portfolio and in order to ensure appropriate protection we can tap into our international network of trade mark and patent agents. No stone is left unturned in identifying, protecting and commercialising our clients’ intellectual property.
Commercial arrangements such as advertising and distribution agreements all have major ramifications for your IP. We will cut through any complexities, explain the concepts involved in clear English, and guide you through the process.
If your goal is to protect an idea which cannot be protected via patents, our intellectual property lawyers will draft confidentiality provisions with your partners so that you can negotiate with confidence.
We can also assist in enforcing your IP rights against infringing parties.
Visit our software portal – a free information resource for anyone connected with the software industry. Click here.
- Provided in-depth assistance in relation to the identification of IP which resides in the CRM and web platform for a global serviced apartments internet business and have assisted in taking all steps required to ensure that such IP is transferred to and owned by the correct part of the group.
- Acted for an exciting wave power technology business in helping them formulate and execute their commercialisation strategy for their patented technology in the renewable energy sector.
- Advised a well-known media company in relation to distribution agreements, prize competitions and advertising arrangements all of which contain intellectual property complexities which require careful management for the client in order to ensure the protection of their brand and the brands of their licensors.
- Advising a software house on the strategic restructuring of the group as it expands into Australia and Ireland, with specific focus on how the intellectual property in the online software platform (which supports novel electronic gift-card products) is to be held and insulated from trading risk in different jurisdictions.
- On behalf of a business owner of several valuable environmental technology patents we defended claims of co-inventorship from a commercial partner who had alerted our client to a commercial opportunity for the application of its existing patented oxygenation technology. The claimed co-inventorship was in respect of a new patent application filed by our client in relation to the new application of our client’s existing technology.
- Advising a well-known UK internet business in connection with their trade mark portfolio, in particular in connection with their valuable trade mark used in conjunction with their core business which has recently undergone close scrutiny by a high profile competitor.
- Advised a fresh produce brand marketing specialist and the UK’s master licensor for leading fresh produce brands. Worked with them in relation to sponsorship agreements, brand protection and licensing issues. Helped them with the annual license renewals for authorised licensees and with their relationship with the head licensors.
- Advised a large soft fruit supplier in relation to propagation and growers licenses which involved using our knowledge of plant variety rights.
Don't just take our word for it...
'I only wished the other side were as on the ball as Cripps.'
'The team is very knowledgeable and helpful in all areas of their specialisms. '
‘Straightforward and easy to work with. The team has a good grasp of our business needs and parameters‘.
‘We were quickly assured by the team’s confident approach to dealing with our queries and providing advice. They were very patient in providing clarification on any points we raised‘.