- Partnership and LLP agreements
- Enforcement of restrictive covenants
- Employment rights
- Partnership and LLP disputes
Partnerships & professional practices
Despite the large number of partnerships and LLPs doing business today, very few firms offer business partnership advice and advice to professional practices. We are lawyers offering practical and commercial legal services that address the specific issues facing partnerships.
If you are yet to consider the legal aspects of setting up a new partnership, converting an existing company or partnership to LLP status, updating (or varying) your partnership agreement, bringing new members into the fold or reducing their number, we would be delighted to help.
We have represented solicitors, accountants, surveyors, architects, healthcare professionals plus other businesses that operate a partnership structure like hotels and property developers. We also talk to partners themselves about their personal rights and obligations.
Being an LLP ourselves, we fully understand the issues your business faces. Our straightforward advice is based on experience.
We offer advice for typical structures, and also advise on bespoke partnership and LLP structures, designed for joint ventures or tax planning purposes.
- Acting for numerous professional partnerships on their conversion to LLP status and other LLP matters. Clients include Top 100 law firms and Top 50 accountancy practices.
- Advising a major property development company on a joint venture comprising 300 properties in connection with a refinancing.
- Advising a firm of patent attorneys on a new partnership structure and variations to their LLP agreement.
- Advising a firm of executive search consultants on the incorporation of their business to a new company and the terms of an investment by third parties.
- Advising a firm of accountants on the sale by the existing partners of the partnership assets to a new company owned by them and preparing a new partnership agreement between the new corporate partners.
- Advising a firm of solicitors on a partner exit, incorporating a new corporate member of the LLP and obtaining regulatory consent from the SRA.
- Acting for a major real estate investment company on the terms of their LLP joint venture with a listed UK housebuilder.
- Acting for a member of a solicitors’ LLP in negotiating the terms of their retirement.
- Acting for an excluded partner of a firm of surveyors to recover a substantial sum for him via mediation.