The first step in your career is a vital one. It’s important to get broad experience, acquire a good understanding of the law and appreciate the commercial side of the business. Only then can you decide which area to specialise in.
With us, you’ll do challenging and interesting work for a wide range of clients from household names, blue-chip businesses to high net worth private clients. You’ll experience a range of different practice areas from commercial property and corporate work to employment and family law, to give you the diverse experience you need.
We are more than just lawyers. We care about our clients, our work, our people and the world around us. We empower everyone to be creative and imagine ways to deliver new and better solutions for both the firm and our clients. And, we genuinely enjoy what we do, strongly encouraging our trainees to take the lead in organising firm-wide events and charitable activities and getting involved in our numerous sports and social groups.
We don’t believe in hierarchies and you’ll be encouraged to express your opinions and be yourself. If you’re enthusiastic and tenacious, you’ll have endless opportunities to develop your career and make a difference from day one.
A word from our Managing Partner, Gavin Tyler
“We are a modern firm where the atmosphere is professional, dynamic and forward-thinking while friendly and informal. We intend to continue to build on our considerable success and remain committed to investing in high calibre trainees, providing them with excellent training.
I am very much involved in the development of our trainee solicitors. I have seen the benefits from our investment in our trainees and place great importance on maintaining this investment in the future. When we interview applicants we are looking for a lively but well-organised mind and genuine enthusiasm for our firm and getting clients to where they need to be.”
The recruitment process
- Training contracts are for two years and based on a four-seat training programme. Three seats are based in our Tunbridge Wells or Kings Hill office and one in our London office
- A maximum of ten places are available each year.
- We normally recruit two years in advance, with interviews taking place in August 2019 for a contract starting in September 2021.
- Cripps Pemberton Greenish will fund the study of BPP’s Legal Practice Course (LPC) for contracts starting from September 2021
How to apply
If you’re prepared to work hard and embrace our client-centric culture, Cripps Pemberton Greenish is the ideal place to launch your career. You’ll get first-class training, work across the business, and have the opportunity to make a difference from day one.
We look for:
- Well-rounded individuals with good personal and communication skills
- Commercial and business awareness
- A professional approach
- Practical problem-solving skills
- Decisive people keen to make their mark
- First-time pass in the LPC and, if appropriate, the GDL (or equivalent)
- 2:1 degree in any subject
- At least three B grades at A-level and A-B grades at GCSE
- Candidates who want a long career with us
More information about our training contract is available here.
Applications for our next training intake will open on the 1st of December 2019 and close at midnight on the 31st of July 2020.