31 July, 2015
We have a lot of interesting new instructions recently and have highlighted some below to keep you updated on what we are doing as a team:
- Andrew Harbourne has been instructed to prepare construction documents in relation to further renovation works to a regenerate a local harbour.
- James Lee has been instructed to prepare and agree a framework agreement for the installation of classrooms for a local authority.
- James Lee has also been instructed to prepare construction documents for a major refurbishment in Sussex for a utility provider.
- In addition, James Lee has been instructed to advise on construction matters in relation to a new build hotel.
- Nitej Davda and James Blyth are busy acting for the Employer (as Responding Party) in a £1m construction adjudication.
- Nitej has been providing preliminary advice on a claim against a supplier in relation to a faulty batch of underfloor heating / boilers installed in a block of flats.
- Nitej is also advising a client of the impact of a main contractor moving to administration midway through a £3m construction project.
- James Blyth is advising on compensation events under a NEC3 Engineering and Construction Contract as well as a payment dispute relating to works to a luxury penthouse in London carried out under a JCT building contract;
- James Blyth is also advising on a building dispute for a local authority concerning works to a community centre that were not completed by the contractor.
- Nitej and James Blyth have successfully concluded an adjudication for private individuals who employed a contractor to carry out works to their home. The claim was for unpaid liquidated damages.