I am a partner in the award winning residential estates team specialising in leasehold enfranchisement and residential landlord and tenant law. My areas of expertise include advising on complex collective enfranchisement claims, statutory and voluntary lease extensions, freehold acquisitions of houses, right to manage claims, security of tenure at the end of long lease terms and dealing with First-Tier Tribunal proceedings. My clients include large London estates, companies, trusts, personal representatives and high net worth individuals advising on all areas of residential property law.
In 2017 and 2019 I won Real Estate Lawyer of the Year at the Women in Law Awards. I am an Honorary Consultant to The Federation of Private Residents Associations and in January 2020 was appointed as the Solicitor Member of the ALEP Advisory Committee, the industry body for leasehold enfranchisement. I am also a recognised industry speaker regularly presenting on all areas of residential leasehold law.
Approachable and proactive, I enjoy interacting with my clients, helping them to progress in a professional and practical manner.
- Leasehold enfranchisement of flats and houses
- Residential leasehold management issues including complex licences to alter and develop
- Right to Manage claims
- Rights of first refusal and freehold acquisition under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- leasehold enfranchisement proceedings in the First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber)
- Advising landlords and tenants on restrictive covenants and consent issues under long leases
- Advising landlords and tenants on the expiry of long residential leases
Qualifications & membershipsMember of The Law Society of England and Wales
Appointed Solicitor Member - ALEP Advisory Committee
Appointed Honorary Consultant – Federation of Private Residents Associations
- Law Commission’s Report on Option to Reduce the Price Payable on Enfranchisement
- Sequent Nominees Ltd (formerly Rotrust Nominees Ltd) (Appellant) v Hautford Ltd (a company registered in the British Virgin Islands) (Respondent)  UKSC 47
- Leasehold reform consultation - briefing note
- Buying your Freehold: The Four Pillars of Leasehold Wisdom
- STOP PRESS – LEGAL UPDATES