Emerging Talent Manager (Legal Director)
My role is to support our trainee solicitors and legal apprentices from recruitment right through to qualification.
I love working with people who are just starting out in the law. They learn so much, so quickly and it’s so satisfying helping them achieve their goals.
Pathways into law have undergone dramatic change in recent times with the introduction of legal apprenticeships and the new Solicitors Qualifying Examination (SQE). However, with my enthusiasm and drive to embrace progress, I am looking forward to exciting times ahead.
A paralegal apprentice once commented ‘“Once again, thank you for all you do for us and your support throughout our careers so far. We couldn’t have done it without you.”
- Legal Apprenticeships
- Routes to admission as a solicitor
- Serious incident reporting by charities during COVID-19
- Charities: amending your objects to respond to coronavirus
- Charities: commercial partnerships and why compatibility comes first
- New guidance for charities about campaigning before an election
- Dormant or inactive charities
- Charity trustees’ legal names must be displayed on charity register
- Hosting speakers and debates at UK universities
- Community interest companies now able to convert into charitable incorporated organisations
- Court of Appeal decision about the duties of members of charitable companies
- Charities: when does a campaign become political activity and why does it matter?
- Lessons to be learned for the charity sector from the Oxfam (and other) scandals
- New safeguarding strategy published by the Charity Commission
- The legal status of full-time volunteers
- The new Charity Governance Code and why it's important
- Charities – are you up to speed with the Fundraising Preference Service?