I help employers and workers with the whole host of challenges that they face in the workplace. I’m the organised, unflappable one and I take all the embarrassing photos at the Christmas party.
I think the best way to find the right solution is to find out the result that the client wants and look for the least risky way of getting there. A client once said that I give honest and direct advice and had never let them down. My clients know that I always deliver to a deadline.
Qualifications & membershipsEmployment Lawyers Association
- April 2020 – Key Employment Law Changes
- School’s out for Covid-19
- Tips for successful homeworking
- Are you ready for the implementation of the new “off payroll” working rules to the private sector?
- Are you ready for the April 2020 changes?
- Changes to compensation limits and other legislative changes for employers to be aware of this April
- Redundancy Consultation and Maternity Leave – Don’t get caught out!
- EU Settlement Scheme - What Can Employers do to support EU nationals in their workforce?
- Zero hours workers – Will the government’s reforms have zero impact?
- Latest Tribunal Statistics Make Unhappy Reading for Employers
- Relying on unsigned contracts of employment
- Staffing issues when practices merge
- Mitigating liability in discrimination claims – have you taken all “reasonable steps”?
- Dress Codes and Discrimination – Who wears the trousers?
- Top 10 tips for defending Employment Tribunal claims
- Can you summarily dismiss somebody for gross negligence?
- The right to switch off outside work
- The importance of ensuring that workers can break up their working day
- Why it is vital for employers to have consistent reporting lines
- Bosses could be prosecuted for failure to prevent the fraudulent activities of their employees
- The Law on Holidays – Myth Buster
- Employment Tribunals – A Changing Landscape?
- Increases to the cap on a week’s pay and compensatory award cap announced
- Criminal records – when disclosure becomes an invasion of privacy…
- Employers: Are Your References Up To Scratch?
- Redundancy Situations: Employer’s Failure to Notify and Personal Liability
- Tribunal fees update – Unison loses Court of Appeal case
- The commercial benefits of disability discrimination law
- Are you ready for shared parental leave?
- Acas Early Conciliation – Is it working?
- Carrying out criminal records checks
- Obtaining a medical report on an employee
- Service Provision Changes under TUPE
- Adjusting Redundancy Criteria for Disabled Employees
- Poorly drafted restrictive covenants will not be rewritten by Courts
- Will your business reap the benefits of the new flexible working laws?
- Is it possible to inspect a former employee’s personal computer?
- Abolition of Discrimination Questionnaires
- How to dismiss for 'some other substantial reason'