I advise on a variety of commercial matters including intellectual property and data protection.
By stepping back from what’s on the page and always keeping in mind what will happen in practice, I provide pragmatic solutions and clear, succinct advice that cuts through the jargon.
My enthusiasm comes in part from getting to do something different every day, solving problems for disparate clients who each have their own priorities and processes. Ultimately though it comes down to helping businesses get where they need to be, and giving them a great result that I can be proud of.
You can follow me (and my colleagues in the Advertising Tech and Media sector) on Twitter @CrippsTechLaw
Standard terms/conditions of business
Qualifications & membershipsSociety for Computers and Law
- Check your chat bots: lessons from Ticketmaster’s £1.25m fine
- A Guide for Businesses in the Hospitality Sector
- International Data Transfers and Standard Contract Clauses: good news from Europe
- “I’m Sorry Dave – I can’t serve you that” – AI in the Food and Drink Industries
- ICO flexes its muscles on Data Protection Fines
- Online Food Orders – Even more appetising?
- The importance of cyber security
- Selling A Software Business? Make sure you're prepared.
- When two worlds collide: consumer protection law vs the Amazon Dash Button
- Data Protection – Feeling Fines
- Allergens, contaminants and supply chains
- Geo-Blocking – stay compliant when selling into the EU
- Carphone Warehouse Data Breach Part 2 - Just When You Thought It Was Safe To Go Back In The Water
- GDPR – it's not the whole story
- GDPR: What now?
- How will new data protection rules affect your marketing campaign?
- Data protection: Consent is no longer the silver bullet
- Cyber-security: ICO imposes record fine on Carphone Warehouse for breach of data protection law
- Employee Data Security – A Potential Pitfall
- Surge pricing, it’s older than you think, but not without risks
- Prepping your business for the new data protection laws
- Personal Data in a Post-Brexit World
- “Breaking one law to get ready for another” – Take care when obtaining consent to send marketing emails
- Dental Transactions…What could possibly go wrong?
- Using contracts for protection against the effects of cyber crime
- Sharing Patient Data – are you doing it legally?
- Cyber security for SME’s – can you hack it?
- Data Protection and Privacy Update - Spring 2017
- Brexit – the Potential Impact on Consumer Law
- “Your Ad Here” The problems with online advertising – can you control where your ad ends up?
- Comparative Advertising – Don’t get caught out
- What’s in a [domain] name? Registration and Ownership of Domain Names
- Who owns social media content?
- Free customer WiFi: the risks
- US Data Transfers - increased uncertainty about the EU-US Privacy Shield
- Challenges and Opportunities for business from the Government’s National Cyber Security Strategy 2016 - 2021
- Vlogs and advertising
- US Data Privacy Shield gets the go-ahead
- Escrow Agreements: The Basics
- “Cloud Computing – Is it all silver lining?”
- Viral Marketing Guide
- New website requirements for disputes with consumers – are you compliant?