As an associate in the employment team, I advise clients on both contentious and non-contentious matters.
I really enjoy providing guidance and practical solutions to clients in relation to their workplace issues.
Communication is a fundamental part of the employer/employee relationship. This is also true of a lawyer/client relationship. I therefore take the time to listen to what a client wants to achieve and work with them to reach their desired outcome.
I have been described as “unflappable”, “thorough” and enjoyable to work with because of my ‘can do’ attitude.
Disciplinary and grievances
Employment tribunal claims
Qualifications & membershipsEmployment Lawyers Association
Recent articles I've written:
- The big issue – mental health in the workplace
- Discrimination and Diversity – practical tips for your policies and procedures
- When employees go rogue: data protection
- Bereaved parents to be entitled to bereavement leave
- Whistleblowing – supporting an allegation with information
- Discrimination arising from disability: beware the unknown
- Mental health management in the workplace
- Responding to sexual harassment claims in the charity sector
- Brexit stalls reform on the status of the ‘self-employed’
- Eliminating the gender pay gap
- Another nail in the gig economy coffin
- A Tribunal’s power of reconsideration
- Can an employer fairly make an employee redundant following a period of ill health absence?
- Are your recruitment methods discrimination proof?
- Blowing the whistle- a look into the protections afforded to those who decide to speak out
- Employer claims £15m for breach of confidentiality, but High Court awards only nominal damages
- Fearful of being inflexible?
- What’s in store for employment law in 2017?
- What obligations do employers have when considering flexible working requests?
- Your Subject Access Request questions answered
- Can the refusal of a flexible working request amount to discrimination?
- What do HMRC’s proposed changes to termination payments mean for employers and employees?
- The do’s and don’ts of workplace dress codes
- Going for employment gold: top tips to ensure workplace compliance during a summer of sport
- Latest instalment in the ongoing saga of The Chronicles of Holiday Pay
- Privacy rights in the workplace
- What’s in a (nick)name?
- Easter headache for some employers
- What can employers do about an employee who is persistently late?
- Mental health issues in the workplace
- ‘Oh the weather outside is frightful…’
- What are Eva Carneiro’s chances of making a successful claim against Chelsea F.C.?
- Do I have to divorce if my marriage has broken down?