I provide pragmatic commercial advice to businesses and individuals, with a particular focus on insolvency, shareholder disputes and corporate governance issues.
As a partner in the commercial dispute resolution team, I take the lead on developing excellent client relationships, which are the foundation of my practice.
I listen carefully in order to ensure that I understand my clients’ particular problem and their objectives right from the outset, and then provide tailored advice and support. One of the most enjoyable aspects of my role is gaining an in-depth understanding of my clients’ businesses and objectives, and then coming up with solutions to help them to achieve these. I work closely with other members of my team and have experience in managing and leading a team dealing with (and resolving) large, complex disputes against heavyweight City firms.
An adaptable and responsive lawyer, I firmly believe that legal disputes do not have to result in lengthy or expensive litigation. With this in mind, I provide robust commercial, practical and technical advice (as required) to clients throughout a dispute to ensure that every effort is taken to reduce their risk and achieve their objectives.
I am ranked as an ‘up and coming’ lawyer in the Chambers and Partners legal directory, and am quoted by a client as being “very commercial providing a balanced view of the issue, and very responsive.”
You can follow me (and my colleagues in the Advertising Tech and Media sector) on Twitter @CrippsTechLaw
- Restructuring & insolvency
- IT and technology disputes
- Shareholder disputes
- Intellectual property
- Contractual claims
Qualifications & membershipsR3: Association of Business Recovery Professionals
- Education administration – what is it and how is it different?
- Budget prefers HMRC in insolvency
- Facebook Faces Consumer Action
- Grumpy Cat wins copyright case - not so grumpy anymore!
- Company strike off and dissolution: beware the pitfalls
- Guidance note on directors' duties
- Bell Pottinger – what went wrong?
- Dealing with a winding up petition: overview
- Design rights – what are they and who owns them?
- Giving notice of intention to appoint administrators – case update
- Ransomware: Don’t be held hostage to your contractual obligations
- Mandatory E-filing – impact on administration appointments
- Avoiding insolvency - are your suppliers or customers dragging you down?
- Brexit survey
- The Third Parties (Rights against Insurers) Act 2010
- The Third Parties (Rights against Insurers) Act 2010 – simplifying claims against insolvent defendants
- Commercial dispute resolution
- Avoiding Commercial Disputes
- Managing commercial disputes
- Liquidation – an overview