As a managing associate in the construction team, I advise a wide variety of clients in relation to their (largely non-contentious) construction issues on all types of developments. This has included hotels, residential tower blocks, shopping centres, office buildings, student accommodation, high specification residential developments and a football stadium. My role also involves advising on construction aspects of real estate transactions such as disposals, acquisitions and refinancing.
With a strong banking background I tend to have a more commercial approach to negotiations than many lawyers. In previous roles I have acted for a number of well known pension providers, investment funds and private equity companies in all aspects relating to their developments.
I enjoy getting to know my clients and understanding how best to help them make the most of their construction documents, whilst making things as straightforward as possible. A previous client commented: “Kate’s efficient, commercial, no-nonsense approach to negotiations makes her a pleasure to work with”.
- Development finance
- Development aspects of real estate transactions
- Construction: what to expect in 2021
- The Brexit/Covid double whammy for construction
- Approved inspectors in 2019 - tough gig
- Potential Issues with NHBC and Collateral Warranties/Third Party Rights
- NHBC versus collateral warranties/third party rights
- Option C insurance under JCT 2016 - not such a C change?