With particular experience in the conduct of Employment Tribunal proceedings, I aim to channel legal expertise into clear, practical and strategic advice.
My role involves working with clients to help them shape their strategies and processes as best practice employers. I enjoy building relationships with my clients and helping them to achieve practical solutions.
I have been described as ‘reliable’, ‘pragmatic’ and enjoyable to work with because of my ‘can do’ attitude.
Employment contracts and policies
Business reorganisations and redundancy
Discrimination and equal opportunities
Maternity and paternity rights
Working time and holiday pay
Disciplinary and grievance processes
Restrictive covenants and business protection
Employment Tribunal claims
Trade unions and industrial relations
Qualifications & membershipsEmployment Lawyers Association
Recent articles I've written:
- When is it appropriate to suspend an employee?
- Proposals for ethnicity pay gap reporting
- Supporting employees affected by domestic abuse
- Working on the train – when smart working may not be so smart
- Disability Discrimination and Ill-health Capability Dismissals
- Employing trustees: why charity should not begin at home
- The future direction of shared parental leave and shared parental pay
- Trial periods for job applicants – the proof of the pudding or taking the biscuit?
- New rules for disqualifying charity trustees and senior managers
- Notice Pay, Pay in Lieu and Tax
- Employment law and HR: what to expect in 2018
- Employment tribunal disputes on the rise
- Pregnant women and new mothers at risk of unfair redundancy
- Budget airlines – currently encountering turbulence
- Gigging it the right way – staying casual and smart in the modern economy
- How can employers address pay imbalance?
- Taylor-made ideas for overhauling employment law
- Employment law after the general election
- Social Media and The Workplace- Damaging the Employer’s Reputation
- Employment challenges in the home care sector
- Workplace relationships – romantic fiction or horror story?
- Breaking through the class ceiling – how employers should improve recruitment practices
- Employment law – a review of the year
- How will today’s Autumn Statement affect employment?
- New destinations for employment status?
- Are new working models in the “collaborative economy” failing to honour employment status?