Working within our professional negligence team, I have particular expertise in financial services negligence involving the mis-selling or mismanagement of a financial product or service leading to financial loss.
In bringing professional negligence claims, I often find that clients have lost something of fundamental and personal importance to them. This may be the loss of a substantial part of their pension fund, or their business may be struggling due to being sold a costly and inappropriate financial product.
It is incredibly rewarding to be able to restore a future to a client which they believed had been lost and I love being able to provide my clients with peace of mind, striving to achieve a positive outcome as smoothly and ‘pain free’ as possible.
At a previous firm, a colleague said “Thank you for making the department what it is”.
Qualifications & membershipsMember of Professional Negligence Lawyers Association
Studying for CII Financial services, regulation & ethics R01
- Timing is everything
- A simple conveyancing transaction or something far more complex and dangerous?
- SIPPs are so 2014, what you need is a QROPS…
- Don’t blame me, I only sold the packaging…I’m not responsible for what’s inside.
- Advice or guidance? It's all the same isn’t it?
- Cyber fraud – beware of lazy Friday afternoons!
- FCA concerns over lifeboat fund’s messaging and pension compensation
- Ombudsman relieves WASPI group feeling stung by complaint backlog
- Let me introduce you to this investment, I mean to this financial advisor. When does an introducer become an advisor?
- No pension transfer, no fee – a bargain or an expensive mistake for British Steel members?
- You’ve been served! Or have you? An analysis of how the courts deal with the failure to serve a claim form in the prescribed way
- Hollywood’s failed Eclipse and its £100million lawsuit
- Pension scams – the key things to look out for
- Defined benefit pension schemes – don’t get caught out!
- FSCS pays out over £100 million to victims of unsuitable SIPP investments
- Alan Shearer resolves dispute with his Financial Adviser
- What’s in my Pension? - The role of DFMs in pension fraud
- FOS report an 34% increase in SIPP/SSAS Complaints in 2016/2017
- Tax mitigation schemes – Beware of time limits
- FCA seize over £2M from fraudsters – Involved in land banking investment fraud
- What to do if your practice has suffered from poor professional advice