Choosing a property, then developing or refurbishing it to suit your needs, can be a complex and time-consuming process. Whether you are an established company with a large estate, a start-up, or a small business with single premises, we can expedite the process and deal with obstacles effectively.
Our team acts for major corporations, local businesses, plus local and central government on the full range of property issues, including the construction of new properties, refurbishments, sales, acquisitions as well as complex pre-lets, lease renewals, assignments, sublettings and property disputes, for which we have one of the largest property litigation teams in the UK.
Consequently we can assist if you are relocating your corporate headquarters, or moving into a new manufacturing centre or warehouse.
Our property lawyers always provide succinct, clear legal advice. We explain your rights and responsibilities, understand the specific needs of your business, and respond to your questions in a prompt, professional manner.
- Acted for a major utility company on the disposal of their former head office in Haywards Heath. We also act on all aspects of property and construction work and disputes as well as providing advice on commercial contracts and related issues.
- Acted for a London college on a major multi-million pound refurbishment project.
- Acted for a large European timber supplier on all matters relating to relocating their UK headquarters and termination of various existing leasehold obligations.
- Acted for a commercial vehicle dealership in relation to the disposal of an existing premises in Tunbridge Wells, the purchase of a development site in Belvedere (for the development of a new showroom and service centre), and a new lease for a head office in Tonbridge.
- Acted for a media group in relation to the sale of head office premises in Tunbridge Wells and the purchase of new head office in Tunbridge Wells.
- Acted for an IT company in relation to the lease of new Central London offices and termination of their existing Central London lease.
- Acted for a serviced apartment agent in relation to the lease of west London headquarters.
- Act for the owner and investors of a major mixed-use development site in Kent, comprising 800,000 sq ft of office and business space alongside a major residential scheme. Advise on a mixture of development agreements, building contracts, consultants’ appointments and collateral warranties as well as providing a general advisory service.
- Provide a range of services to a major heritage and tourist attraction in Kent dealing with all aspects of asset management work. Advised on major investment projects for the regeneration and improvement of public open space and related activities with the aim of maximising the attractions, facilities and business of the trust.
- Acted for a major newspaper group on the sale of their former head office for residential development.