We have developed a specialist Landed Estates practice, having advised some of the London estates for more than a century. These include The Cadogan Estate, The Portman Estate, The Crown Estate, The Eyre Estate, The John Lyon’s Charity Estate, The Ilchester Estate, The Sloane Stanley Estate, The Dulwich Estate and The Day Estate .
Our real estate team combines commercial and market leading residential expertise in:
- Leasehold enfranchisement
- Landlord and tenant
- Construction and conveyancing work
We maintain the very highest levels of deal experience and expertise in the specialised prime central London property market. This is complemented by a highly regarded property dispute resolution team and a corporate team to advise on structuring transactions.
Our property dispute resolution team specialises in acting for Landed Estates in recovery of possession; collection of arrears and on enfranchisement litigation and has developed a formidable
reputation in the area of leasehold enfranchisement, having fought many of the leading cases in the Court of Appeal, the House of Lords and the Supreme Court in recent years.
- Conducting numerous landmark leasehold reform cases in the Supreme Court, House of Lords, Court of Appeal, High Court and the valuation tribunals, including: Hosebay; Shalson;
Sportelli; Aggio; Magnohard; Dolphin Square and many others
- Advising on property tenures and structures for the purchase, sale and holding of properties
- Advising on schemes to protect property from statutory rights in favour of leaseholders
- Advising on the expiry of long residential leases
- Advising on claims to acquire extended leases of flats pursuant to the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993 and on claims to acquire freehold property pursuant to leasehold reform legislation