- Freehold purchases and lease extensions of houses under the Leasehold Reform Act 1967
- Lease extensions of individual flats and freehold purchases of blocks of flats (collective enfranchisement) under the Leasehold Reform, Housing and Urban Development Act 1993
- Right to manage claims
- Dealing with court and tribunal proceedings
- Advising landlords and lessees on rights of first refusal under the Landlord and Tenant Act 1987
- Providing strategic advice on property management and investment
- Advising on commonhold schemes
- Ancillary tax, corporate and .dispute resolution advice
Our team is a multi-award winning recognised leader in the field of leasehold enfranchisement advising landlords and leaseholders on a wide range of claims within London and regionally. Our dedicated team have extensive experience in making and responding to house claims, collective claims and lease extension claims, as well as advising on tenants’ rights of first refusal and right to manage claims.
We also provide strategic advice to developers on how to avoid the risk of enfranchisement as well as the potential impact of the regime on mixed-use properties.
We have been involved in the leading cases in this area including Hosebay and Sportelli in the Supreme Court and House of Lords respectively and the recent case of Mundy in the Court of Appeal.
Our expert advice is clear cut and jargon free and will guide you through this notoriously complex area of law.
- Advising Landed estates, charities, companies, trusts, personal representatives and private individuals on all residential property issue
- Acting for leaseholders of flats in collective enfranchisement claims of multi-block developments including advising on investment schemes, lease structuring and development value
- Advising and acting for both landlords and leaseholders on right to manage claims both in London and regionally
- Advising landlords and leaseholders on the expiry of long residential leases and on property tenures and structures for the purchase, sale and holding of properties
- Guiding and advising on the best way to structure ownership of property
- Conducting numerous landmark leasehold reform cases in the Supreme Court, House of Lords, Court of Appeal, High Court and the valuation tribunals, including: Hosebay; Shalson; Sportelli; Aggio; Magnohard, Dolphin Square and many others
- Acting for landlords and developers on enfranchisement avoidance and lease structuring schemes