- Planning applications
- Planning, highways and utility agreements
- Planning and enforcement appeals
- How to deal with contaminated land and other environmental issues
- Listed building consents and tree preservation orders
- Compulsory purchase advice
- Closure and diversion of highways and other rights of way
- Judicial reviews
Planning & environment
Our dedicated team deals with every aspect of the planning process and anticipates problems so that required permissions are obtained swiftly – therefore enabling your project to forge ahead without delays.
We use our extensive knowledge of planning laws to simplify complex regulations and guide you through every stage of the planning process.
We have acted for development companies, housebuilders, local councils and landowners – giving expert advice and keeping clients abreast of law and policy changes and have acted on projects as diverse as airports, housing developments and rail infrastructure projects such as Crossrail.
We understand that while securing the right planning permission for business is vital, it is only part of your wider objective. Our planning and environmental lawyers work alongside our residential and property teams so we always focus on the bigger picture.
Because we have access to this greater pool of knowledge, we are attuned to your needs and can help your business succeed.
- Advising Liberty Property Trust UK Limited on a complex section 106 agreement for a new sustainable community at North Horsham providing 2,750 homes, over 45,000sq m business park, retail, schools and community facilities.
- Acting on a successful appeal to the Secretary of State for Wates Developments Limited (200 homes in West Sussex).
- Securing planning permission for a 750 dwelling development in Basingstoke.
- Acting for Wates Homes Ltd and Martin Grant Homes Ltd in developing a new planning gain (section 106 agreement) mechanism to ensure developer contributions for a 600 home neighbourhood in Horley, Surrey.
- Advising Berkeley Homes (Eastern) Ltd in negotiating with the Highways Agency and Kent County Council on highways agreements to provide for works to the M20 motorway to facilitate the development of a redundant quarry for 1,000 homes.
- Acting for Plc housebuilders in securing section 106 variation agreements to make major savings in terms of education contributions and affordable housing provision.
- Running a successful appeal at inquiry for GLN (Copenhagen) Southern Ltd in relation to obtaining planning consent for a large mixed use town centre re-development incorporating retail (over 7,000m²), leisure and residential uses.
- Acting for the successful applicant in a judicial review overturning the grant by Surrey County Council of planning permission for a large development in the Green Belt.
- Advising Persimmon and Barratt group companies on a development of over 1,200 dwellings as part of a mixed-use urban extension near Dover.
- Bringing a successful judicial review acting for a private individual, overturning planning permission for a major food store.
Don't just take our word for it...
'A keen eye for detail, high professional standards and a thorough knowledge and understanding of all aspects of planning and property law'.
"They offer an excellent service and very good value."
"They are among the best."
"They're very diligent, and if you need something urgent they will get it to you. They're very good at what they do."
"The team is highly professional, competent and reliable."
'The team at Cripps Pemberton Greenish is well-known for its work in the housebuilding sector and are the only law firm to sit on the Kent Developers Group.'
‘First rate professional knowledge and great attention to detail. Prompt attention and ability to stick to a budget/fee proposal.‘
‘Approachable, knowledgeable – totally professional approach. Wise advice in difficult negotiations.‘