Real estate finance
Whether it is a residential or commercial property, hotel or student accommodation project we can help. We act on high-profile and complex real estate financings, both domestic and international, with values ranging from £500,000 to £500 million. The quality of our corporate and high net worth private client base means that we also act for numerous borrowers who have significant debt and equity finance requirements. Our team advises lenders and borrowers on all aspects of real estate finance, including:
- Residential investment and development
- Commercial investment and development
- Secured lending and revolving facilities
- Refinancing transactions
- Guarantees and security documentation
- Deeds of priority and second charge lending
- Islamic finance
We maintain the very highest levels of deal experience giving our clients complete peace of mind. This is complemented by a highly regarded banking and finance team to advise on structuring transactions.
- Acting for a commercial bank in relation to a £5 million loan facility to a buy-to-let landlord secured over a portfolio of 45 residential properties and a commercial unit including full due diligence on the portfolio, advising on amendments to standard form ASTs to ensure compliance with OFT guidance and tenancy deposit regulations’.
- Drafting and negotiating the finance documents with the European Investment Bank related to a £75 million loan facility for use by a University for use in various projects (new teaching and student accommodation builds.
- Advising private family offices on real estate investment and development deals between £1m – £50m.
- Acting for a lender on a £40m acquisition and development financing for the purchase of office space in London and redevelopment into residential units.
- Advising a borrower on a £15m refinancing with a building society over a commercial property near Canary Wharf.