New Property Chamber
On 1 July 2013 the new Property Chamber of the First-Tier Tribunal will take over the functions of:
- The Adjudicator to HM Land Registry
- Agricultural Land Tribunals in England
- Rent assessment committees in England including the leasehold valuations tribunals, residential property tribunals and rent tribunals.
The Adjudicator to HM Land Registry will be bolished as will the Rent assessment committees and Agricultural Land Tribunals in England.
This means that many property disputes will, from 1 July 2013, be heard by the Property Chamber. The Tax and Chancery Chamber of the Upper Tribunal will hear appeals from the Property Chamber relating to the Land Registration Act 2002. All other appeals will be heard by the Lands Chamber.
Further information can be found in the links listed below.
- Transfer of Tribunal Functions Order 2013 (SI 2013/1036).
- First-tier Tribunal and Upper Tribunal (Chambers) (Amendment) Order 2013 (SI 2013/1187)
- Tribunal Procedure (First-tier Tribunal (Property Chamber) Rules 2013 (SI 2013/1169)
- Upper Tribunal (Lands Chamber) Fees (Amendment) Order 2013 (SI 2013/1199)
- Tribunal Procedure (Amendment No. 3) Rules 2013 (SI 2013/1188)