- Advising on the acquisition under a golden brick contract of 27 freehold dwellings for rent and shared ownership sale over seven development phases including: negotiation of acquisition and development agreement; negotiation of forms of lease of garages leased back to developer; negotiation of form of rentcharge deed with adjoining owner; and advising on the terms of the planning and section 106 agreement and associated obligations required from the developer to ensure protection for our client.
- Negotiation of acquisition and development agreement, grant funding agreement, planning agreement, nominations agreement and costs agreement relating to a substantial extra care scheme.
- Advising on the acquisition under a golden brick contract from a major house builder of over 40 senior living units on a stand-alone site forming part of a redevelopment of a former hospital site. Negotiation of development agreement and parent company guarantee. Advising on terms of the planning permission and section 106 agreement including required variation of the section 106 agreement.
- Acting on site set up and infrastructure agreements together with shared ownership and private plot sales on a major regeneration of an existing housing estate including the erection of over 250 plots over four phases.
- Advising in connection with a substantial, long-running and complex housing scheme over railway tunnels, involving escrow account and other procedures to protect the client pending construction of the structures, golden brick VAT arrangements, a complex title, long leasehold arrangements and professional appointments and warranties.
- Acting in the negotiation of an innovative funding agreement and security documents with a council in relation to the purchase and regeneration by our client of a substantial number of properties.
You need the right professional advice to help you identify the best commercial solutions: solutions that meet the demands of the government, the HCA and your customers.
Our experienced team can help with the full range of legal issues you face, including corporate governance, finance, employment law, charity law, commercial contracts, property development, dispute avoidance and dispute resolution.
We deal with all legal property requirements from funding, acquisition, planning, development and infrastructure agreements, construction procurement and property disputes to site set-up, private and shared ownership disposals, advice on ASTs, rent to homebuy, right to acquire and right to buy.
Our team is professional, practical and can draw on a diverse knowledge base. Many of our team belong to professional associations such as the Society of Construction Law and the Procurement Lawyers Association.
Our client list includes some of the largest registered providers in the country as well as smaller local operators. We treat every project as an individual case – giving advice that is tailored to your specific circumstances.
We also have the expertise, cost-base and systems to drive projects forward in a cost-effective manner.