- Protecting the legacy
- Succession planning
- Corporate and commercial issues
- Employment and employee-related incentives
- Property and estate management
- Internal disputes
Owning and managing a family business presents unique challenges. There are always financial factors to weigh up but also family issues to consider.
Our family business team has all the legal and commercial acumen you need. We also understand the emotions of running a family business. Whether you’re managing a multi-million-pound company or an SME, our team has the specialist experience you require.
We appreciate that every family business is different. Our lawyers understand that financial and personal motivations are closely linked, and can provide comprehensive support no matter how complex your legal requirements are.
Our multi-disciplinary team specialises in all aspects of business and family law. From tax advice and setting up trusts to raising capital and succession planning, we can provide practical and invaluable advice as your business and family grow.
We never forget that balancing business and family interests can be a juggling act. That’s why our solicitors will listen carefully and get to know you and your business well. We only offer advice once we fully understand your specific situation.
Our goal is to build a lasting relationship with you. That’s why we’ll assemble a specialist team that not only has the legal expertise you need, but also has the right personality fit. After all, we want working with us to be as easy as possible.
- Drawing up a charter for a multi-million turnover business to ensure the future success of the business as it moves from first to second generation ownership
- Advising on the share re-structure of a family business to prepare and allow for tax-efficient succession planning and staff incentivisation
- Creation of a family trust within the corporate structure of a family company, to hold shares in the company for tax planning and protected business continuity
- Reorganising and demerging a large family business to assist with succession planning
- Acting for longstanding client on the sale of its trading business to another company in the media industry, providing transactional advice to the directors and family shareholders
- Advising a family who, in order to raise capital to reinvest in their business, proposed to sell a part of their commercial premises, for development, to a well-known retailer. This involved working up a comprehensive planning application relating both to the land being retained as well as that to be developed
Don't just take our word for it...
"They are very experienced and brilliant at what they do, and I always know what to expect."
"Cripps Pemberton Greenish has a "very good reputation" for its private client practice, which often handles complex, high-value matters with international aspects."
"I'm very, very impressed with the firm," reports an interviewee, while another praises "the clear professional advice that they offer and the swift responses that they always give."
"Sources also describe them as 'innovative, forward-looking and flexible.'"
"Cripps Pemberton Greenish were brilliant at navigating us through the process, they completely understood the complexities of the situation, talked us through every stage and made things as easy as possible. "
"Cripps Pemberton Greenish facilitated discussions between family members and other professional advisers and were responsible for getting the deal over the line, resulting in a successful outcome.”