- Property management
- Residential and commercial development (including funding, purchase, sales, leasing and licensing)
- Joint ventures
- Compulsory purchase
- Planning and environment issues
- Dispute resolution
- Health and safety
- Regulatory advice
- Commercial agreements and outsourcing
We have helped central government departments, government agencies and local authorities for over twenty years, so we have extensive experience dealing with high profile and politically sensitive matters.
Our public sector advisers offer a comprehensive range of services. We help with construction and regeneration projects, managing portfolios, buying and selling assets, outsourcing contracts and settling claims.
We work alongside you as an SME supplier, tailoring our fee arrangements to suit your budget. All costs are presented in a transparent manner, so savings will be clear and demonstrable.
We have IT systems to monitor service and performance levels, provide progress reports, and assist with internal and external reviews to improve efficiency and build our relationship with you. As specialist government legal advisers we have also developed legal documents that address your specific concerns: sustainability, transparency, crown exemption and equality and diversity.
Our team of government legal advisers are proactive, approachable, and will help you achieve your objectives as easily as possible. We understand the problems you face and explain legal processes clearly.
- Acting for Slough Borough Council on a successful purchase of a redundant university campus, paving the way for a £500m regeneration project which will include 1,400 homes, 45,000 sq ft of retail and leisure space and 250,000 sq ft office accommodation.
- Acting for government departments on purchases and sales of major office buildings sometimes with complex overage provisions.
- Acting on government construction projects, including the conversion of a building into an immigration holding facility, the refurbishment of a building to create a call centre, and the construction of airport immigration facilities.
- Acting on government re-location and space consolidation projects, involving re-gearing leases, deeds of variation, negotiated surrenders, operating conditional break clauses, helping to limit dilapidations liabilities.
- Asset management of large government occupied estate portfolios, to include lease renewals, licences and full property dispute resolution service.
- Acting for local authorities on development projects, usually involving an agreement for a long lease containing development obligations that are conditional on planning, with associated overage and claw-back provisions, and working alongside public delivery partners such as the Homes and Communities Agency.
- Acting for a local authority on a proposed town centre regeneration project, including the construction of a new library, a bus depot, highways and related infrastructure.
- Acting for a local authority in the provision of a site for a new school as part of a major residential development.
- Achieving a seven-figure saving for a government department in a rent review dispute.
- Bringing, defending and negotiating favourable settlements in a wide variety of claims, from multi-million pound claims down to small claims, including claims relating to land interests and rights, landlord and tenant, construction, environmental, commercial contracts and debt recovery.
Don't just take our word for it...
Cripps Pemberton Greenish's multidisciplinary practice has strength in depth across the health and local government spaces and leverages its large employment and real estate offering to advise a growing client base.
‘Cripps is a big player in the Kent area.’