Retail asset management
We have a dedicated team of lawyers who have in depth market knowledge and experience. We have been involved in over £500 million of retail investment since 2006, working on a diverse range of large regional shopping centres, retail parks and high street properties.
Our lawyers can assist with everything from financing, investment purchases, development, due diligence, site acquisitions and disposals, through to day-to-day asset management.
Our shopping centre team also deal with employment, commercial contracts such as IT and facilities management, regulatory issues, personal injury and licensing, as well as providing expert advice on corporate structures and financing.
Rather than acting like an outside adviser, our approach is to become an integral and fully invested member of your team. We visit sites regularly, attend management and letting meetings, and give your business the personal attention it deserves.
We always explain your legal options clearly and carefully. As we work closely alongside many of the top asset and fund managers, agents and on-site management teams, you will be plugged into a network of experienced, highly skilled professionals.
- Act for a number of leading property investment companies and pension funds in relation to their portfolios of shopping centres giving day to day asset management advice.
- Acted on the disposal of several large regional shopping centres over the years; those deals amount to c£600 million most recently being the part disposal of one of the UK’s largest shopping centres and the sale of a large regional shopping centre for £90 million.
- Deal with a diverse range of out of town retail and trade parks (including outlet villages) which includes the acquisition and disposal of these assets.
- We have an in depth knowledge of major transport hub retail assets.
- We have acted for a UK insurer on its joint venture with a multinational property developer in a shopping centre in south east England, held through a Jersey unit trust and limited partnership structure.