- Real estate transactions: Helping you at every stage of the process to secure your premises on the best possible terms.
- Operations: Advising you as to the benefits and drawbacks of various operating models and drafting and negotiating your agreement to reflect the unique requirements of your business.
- Securing investment: Whether you are looking for an equity investor or loans, we can guide you through the negotiation to help secure the deal on terms most appropriate for you.
- Protecting your brand: Our commercial team can help you understand where the value in your brand lies, and how best to protect it.
- Disputes: Our disputes team is on hand to assist on the full range of contentious issues that might arise, as well as provide strategic advice on managing risk and avoiding disputes before they arise.
- Employment/HR: We provide advice on the employment lifecycle from recruitment and training to disciplinary and grievance procedures; restructures and redundancy consultations, TUPE transfers and employment litigation.
- International: We have strong relationships with firms in other jurisdictions who can help you develop your business internationally.
We specialise in helping retailers break into the UK market and expand their business. We have experience in and passion for acting for boutique start-ups opening their first London store to large global corporates in managing their UK retail portfolio.
Our experienced and dynamic team of lawyers understand the UK retail market and the common pitfalls and concerns for retailers so that we are able to guide you through every stage of the process, anticipate issues before they arise and help you focus on the exciting aspects of promoting your brand and concept.
- Advising high end Paris based fashion retailer SMCP, who own Sandro, Maje and Claudie Pierlot, on their retail portfolio, including advising on new flagship store openings in Regent Street.
- Assisting an international health-based fast food retailer – Cojean, on entering the UK market. Advising on acquisitions of new stores in Berkeley Street and Chancery Lane and assisting with corporate and employment issues.
- Advising an international premium skincare products brand on issues relating to selective distribution, online sales and controlling unauthorised sales.
- Advising a large supermarket chain on portfolio
- Acting for major shopping centres on their
- Representing travel retail specialists on contract negotiations relating to outlets at airports and train stations.
- Providing Japanese home furnishing retailer with employment and people related advice and strategy in preparation for their opening of a flagship pop-up-store as a new entrant into the UK market.