Our highly qualified team of professional negligence solicitors specialises in bringing claims against professionals. We are members of the Professional Negligence Lawyers Association, so we have extensive experience and expertise.
A settlement might seem distant when you first talk to us, but our team will guide you through the process and help you achieve the best possible outcome.
We start by listening to your story and understanding what went wrong. If you have a legitimate claim we will look at relevant papers, establish the full context and negotiate robustly, but tactfully on your behalf.
In certain circumstances, we will refer you to a barrister for specialist help. We have excellent relationships with the top barristers in professional negligence, so you will be in the hands of a top legal professional.
In most cases, we are able to settle claims before they reach the courts. However, if things go further we will present your claim in a compelling and persuasive manner.
Our lawyers are based in Tunbridge Wells and Kings Hill, Kent and in Cannon Street, London. Whilst many of our clients are from the South East (including Kent, Sussex, Surrey and London), we act for clients based throughout England and Wales and from abroad. We are always willing to meet with our clients at any of our offices, at their home or their place of work. We also meet with clients via online communication channels, such as SKYPE or video conferencing. Wherever our clients are based, we ensure we communicate with them in a way that suits their needs.
To make a claim against a professional, please call us for a free, no obligation discussion. If you proceed we arrange appropriate payment terms – in suitable cases we can offer fixed fees, deferred payments or ‘no win, no fee’ terms.
- Acting for clients in relation to a claim valued in the region of £0.5 million against surveyors who had negligently failed to identify fundamental problems with the structural integrity of the client’s property in a survey prior to purchase.
- Acting in a claim against accountants for negligent advice in relation to the tax consequences of a multi-million pound share buy-back.
- Acting against a firm of surveyors relating to the negligent valuation of a residential property where the surveyors had failed to identify the correct structure resulting in the over-valuation of the property at the time of the client’s purchase.
- Acting for a family where the husband (and father) died as a result of the negligence of a well-known hospital. The claim is ongoing with value in excess of £400,000.
- Acting for a client who had commenced high court proceedings seeking substantial damages from his former solicitor and barrister for allegedly negligent advice given to him to settle a complicated commercial claim.
- Acting in a claim against solicitors who acting in the administration of an estate had negligently advised the beneficiaries that the deceased’s shares could not be sold until a grant of probate was obtained.
- Acting against a mortgage lender relating to the repossession sale of the client’s residential property at an undervalue estimated to be in the region of £130,000.
- Negotiating a settlement of a claim against a firm of solicitors for negligent advice in relation to a conveyancing transaction. The case involved the clients being unable to use part of their accommodation as residential and was rigorously defended on complex causation and planning issues.
- Acting for a national charity against a nationally recognised firm of surveyors for negligent planning advice and applications over the course of two years in relation to one of the charity’s properties.
Acting for a client whose solicitors had failed to identify planning conditions severely restricting the intended business use of the property. The problem only came to light after significant investment in the business and premises. A settlement was reached without court proceedings being required.
Don't just take our word for it...
"They made me feel confident in dealing with an issue that was very much outside my comfort zone and yet were able to make me to understand fully exactly what was happening."
"Their attention to detail and continual persistence on every detail is very impressive."
"Cripps Pemberton Greenish has a well-regarded claimant-focused practice specialised in acting for private individuals on claims against accountants, surveyors, architects and financial advisers. Frequently represents clients in claims against solicitors"
"Head of department Russell Simpson is praised for "going straight to the facts and coming to a pragmatic solution." His expertise covers a broad range of professions and he frequently advises private individuals on claims against legal and construction professionals."
'The practitioners are highly experienced, which puts them at an advantage to other firms. They are highly practical and efficient and great with clients.'
|It's a really impressive team. They kept me in the loop at all times and were honest and upfront from the beginning.’|
|‘I can’t give them a better reference; they were simply brilliant.’|
"impressive and experienced."
"a first-class outfit that punches above its weight."
‘Pradeep Oliver is a very bright, astute and robust litigator with a great deal of professional negligence experience and expertise. He takes no prisoners.’
‘Pradeep Oliver has always struck me as everything you would want in a claimant lawyer – knowledgeable in his field, on top of the details, committed to his clients and, above all, extremely sensible when it came to negotiating the right settlement.’
‘Russell Simpson is calm, professional, and thorough, and was sensitive towards the mental and emotional state I was in.’
"They are well respected and one of the best in Kent."
"very technically able and robust; he fights his client's corner strongly."
"he is accomplished and he is good with clients."