- Service contracts
- Settlement agreements
- Breach of contract
- Unfair dismissal
- Discrimination and whistleblowing
- Competition restraints
- Fiduciary duties
- Incentives (bonuses and equity participation rights)
Employment advice for employees
Whether your employment dispute concerns discrimination, breach of contract, severance agreements, redundancy or similar issues, it is prudent to seek professional employment legal advice.
Knowing where you stand greatly reduces the stress involved. We provide clear, cost-effective advice that will help you resolve your dispute and protect your position.
Our employment law team has an excellent reputation. We act for directors and senior executives, particularly in the City of London, dealing with complex and often highly sensitive circumstances.
We settle matters discreetly without incurring unnecessary time and expense.
We discuss the intricacies of your situation honestly, and give you clear, practical advice. We also encourage you to be frank about your objectives so we can then ascertain how realistic these are and formulate a strategy to achieve the best possible result.
Once proceedings have begun we keep you up to speed with progress and answer any questions you may have. When a resolution is reached we can advise you how best to structure your settlement.
- Advising the former Managing Director of an international bank and successfully negotiating good leaver status, thereby securing additional equity participation rights worth well over £1 million.
- Advising a senior executive of a publicly listed company placed at risk of redundancy and not only securing his position but assisting him on the competitive interview process which secured him a promotion.
- Regularly advising ex-patriate executives of an international bank on their severance arrangements.
- Advising on an age discrimination and whistleblowing claim brought by a former finance director which was subsequently settled on favourable terms.
- Reviewing and negotiating service agreements on behalf of incoming senior executives including drafting cash and equity incentive arrangements and golden parachutes.
- Advising on the ambit of post termination covenants and fiduciary duties owed by directors who are considering resigning and setting up their own businesses.