Children issues

Some of the most important problems to resolve after separation involve the arrangements for children – where they live (formerly called residence or custody) and when and where they see other people who are important in their lives (formerly known as contact or access). The court has power to make a child arrangements order which can decide these issues as well as others such as which school to attend or which country they should live in.


Our family solicitors specialise in resolving disputes over arrangements for children. We help parents in all kinds of circumstances, including sensitive situations where allegations of abuse or parental alienation are involved, or where one parent decides to live overseas.


Our advice is practical and will always take account of your family’s particular needs and current law. We take time to understand your individual circumstances and discuss the best way forward before giving advice.


We have particular expertise in resolving child support issues, including appeals to the Tribunal Service. In fact, we provide a child support law service to other firms of solicitors who come to us for help, advice and representation in their cases.


All our family solicitors belong to Resolution, an organisation committed to the constructive resolution of family disputes.


Do you have any questions?


Click on the link to see the answers to some of the most common questions we are asked about child custody and child maintenance.