Help with powers of attorney

There are two different types: a property and financial affairs lasting power of attorney handles your finances, taxes, benefits and assets, while a personal welfare lasting power of attorney is responsible for more personal matters such as your living arrangements and medical treatment.

Our experienced power of attorney solicitors can advise which type of attorney is best for you. We can also help you to choose a suitable person.

Many people appoint someone close to them, such as a spouse, friend or relative. Others prefer to choose a professional, to act on their behalf. If you require a professional attorney, Cripps Pemberton Greenish Trust Corporation, run by our lawyers, can act for you.

We can make all the necessary arrangements for you – from preparing your application to providing the necessary paperwork, including acting as a certificate provider which is a formality required before registration. We can also mediate disputes between different attorneys.

If you need to appoint an attorney urgently, we can also help by preparing a general power of attorney until a permanent one can be registered. Our power of attorney solicitors are there to help you every step of the way.