Help with powers of attorney
There are two different types: a property and financial affairs lasting power of attorney handles your finances, taxes, benefits and assets, while a personal welfare lasting power of attorney is responsible for more personal matters such as your living arrangements and medical treatment.
Our experienced power of attorney solicitors can advise which type of attorney is best for you. We can also help you to choose a suitable person.
Many people appoint someone close to them, such as a spouse, friend or relative. Others prefer to choose a professional, to act on their behalf. If you require a professional attorney, Cripps Pemberton Greenish Trust Corporation, run by our lawyers, can act for you.
We can make all the necessary arrangements for you – from preparing your application to providing the necessary paperwork, including acting as a certificate provider which is a formality required before registration. We can also mediate disputes between different attorneys.
If you need to appoint an attorney urgently, we can also help by preparing a general power of attorney until a permanent one can be registered. Our power of attorney solicitors are there to help you every step of the way.
How to sign a Lasting Power of Attorney
- Considering cross border issues about whether powers of attorney will be effective in different jurisdictions and assisting with the lodging of powers of attorney with foreign institutions including notarisation.
- Advising on the sale of jointly held property where one co-owner has lost capacity, having appointed an attorney to act on their behalf.
- Dealing with registration of EPAs where the donor has lost or is losing capacity to deal with their financial affairs including where the original EPA has been lost.
- Advising on the procedure for revocation of out of date EPAs and LPAs and disclaimer of attorneyship following divorce.
- Applications to appoint replacement attorneys when the main attorney is no longer able to act.
Don't just take our word for it...
"They're one of the biggest firms, a client could expect a large depth of experience from them, they've got a very big team and they deal with some quite complex issues."
"They've obviously got a strong private client practice - they've got the depth and breadth of expertise, they're a large, well-established firm and they seem to be attracting good people. I think for the more sophisticated clients, they are a one-stop shop."
"Cripps Pemberton Greenish is renowned for handling high-quality private client matters. The team assists wealthy individuals and families with succession planning, trust and estate administration and tax plans."
"the best in the area in my opinion and their service is exemplary,"
"regarded as one of the leaders in private client matters in Kent."