Dealing with probate & estate administration
Our probate solicitors take routine tasks off your hands and guide you through the more complex issues. We have worked with families for generations and have established a national reputation for our technical prowess and sensitive, personal approach.
We were one of the first firms in the UK to become accredited specialists in wills and probate under the Law Society’s Wills and Inheritance Scheme. When assets cross international borders, we have the expertise and contacts to handle tax and succession issues.
No matter how complex an estate, our probate lawyers will explain the situation clearly, we will make complicated arrangements appear much simpler.
We offer two levels of service.
Probate Solutions is a holistic approach whereby we help you with every aspect of the process: collecting and collating information, preparing papers, dealing with HMRC and the probate registry, administrating the estate, distributing assets and discharging debts. Our probate solicitors will also give you expert advice on tax and estate planning options.
This service is often available for a fixed fee. Our charges are always based on the level of work involved, not the value of the estate.
Direct2Probate is a service where we obtain a grant of probate for you, we provide clear, professional probate legal advice and support. You will need to complete a questionnaire, but our probate solicitors prepare all necessary paperwork.
We charge one of two fixed fees for this service, depending on the type of application needed.
Please talk to us about your needs. We would like to know how we can help.
Talk to us about the option that suits you best.
- Administering multi-million pound estates with diverse assets including UK (onshore) and non-UK (offshore) assets.
- Dealing with complex intestate estates (where no will exists) and where numerous beneficiaries are involved, including experience of asset and beneficiary tracing.
- Dealing with estates involving conflicts of laws (where assets are held abroad, such as in European countries, the USA or Middle or Far East), including experience in obtaining grants of representation abroad or in the UK for foreign wills.
- Dealing with estates involving businesses or business interests and agricultural businesses or assets as well as ‘landed’ estates
- Dealing with the estates of foreign nationals with UK owned property, including assessments of ‘Domicile’, to work out and advise on the applicable tax and succession rules.
- Acting as a professional executor and trustee (through our wholly owned Trust Corporation), where experience, continuity or independence is required (such as in contentious estates at the request and agreement of the parties or following appointment by the High Court).
Don't just take our word for it...
"They're one of the biggest firms, a client could expect a large depth of experience from them, they've got a very big team and they deal with some quite complex issues."
"They've obviously got a strong private client practice - they've got the depth and breadth of expertise, they're a large, well-established firm and they seem to be attracting good people. I think for the more sophisticated clients, they are a one-stop shop."
"Cripps Pemberton Greenish is renowned for handling high-quality private client matters. The team assists wealthy individuals and families with succession planning, trust and estate administration and tax plans."
'They have a wide team which means that they will be able to consider a huge variety of issues and can offer a one-stop shop for many things. I think this makes them fairly unique.’