Help with tax returns
Our chartered tax advisers offer a comprehensive service, linked seamlessly to our lawyers. We complete your Inland Revenue tax return for you, give advice where appropriate, and negotiate with HMRC.
We provide all the support you would expect from a major law firm. You can either ask us to file a single tax return, or utilise our annual return service where we complete your tax returns every year, usually for a fixed fee.
Our team reviews your tax information thoroughly, using specialist software to file tax returns online
We will also flag up any issues or tax mitigation opportunities we identify along the way. Our aim is to look out for ways to reduce your tax liabilities.
We give inheritance tax returns the same care and attention. Not only do we complete and submit these for clients, we also operate a calendar system which ensures all information is assembled and necessary steps taken in good time.
Our tax and compliance team will be on hand to help you through the process and answer any questions you may have. We can also deal with any queries from HMRC.
- Advising entrepreneurs on structuring their business in preparation for sales
- Advising on the creation of family investment companies for wealth planning – see our guidance note [attached]
- Advising property owners to maximise Capital Gains Tax (CGT) efficiency
- Reviewing residence and domicile issues and restructuring financial affairs
- Restructuring international settlements
- Completing tax returns for individuals including property owners, beneficiaries of trusts and estates, the self-employed and “high-earning” individuals
- Handling Revenue enquiries and investigations
- Providing advice for private individuals about their tax affairs, including whether tax returns are required and assisting with the next steps.
- Assisting clients with formal enquiries raised by HMRC, negotiating with HMRC on their behalf to settle matters as swiftly as possible.
Don't just take our word for it...
"They're one of the biggest firms, a client could expect a large depth of experience from them, they've got a very big team and they deal with some quite complex issues."
"They've obviously got a strong private client practice - they've got the depth and breadth of expertise, they're a large, well-established firm and they seem to be attracting good people. I think for the more sophisticated clients, they are a one-stop shop."
"the best in the area in my opinion and their service is exemplary,"
"regarded as one of the leaders in private client matters in Kent."