Supporting the elderly
Our team is on hand to help elderly people and those caring for them, with the full range of legal issues they might face. We will get to know you, appreciate your particular circumstances, and offer practical, expert advice in simple everyday language.
We can either provide a full review of your affairs or help with specific issues like managing your finances, budgeting and completing tax returns. Our team also advise which benefits you can claim.
If health and capacity become an issue, we can help to arrange care at home or make the move into sheltered accommodation, care communities or residential care much easier. For example, we can assist with selling property and clearing out belongings.
Our team includes experienced chartered tax advisers, trust and estate practitioners, court approved deputies, solicitors and paralegals. However, you will have a single point of contact – a friendly face to guide you through the process and answer any questions you might have.
- Providing a range of management services for elderly clients, their families and carers covering a wide range of areas eg organising property repairs and maintenance.
- Assisting attorneys and deputies with backup when they are away on holiday or on business by liaising with carers, healthcare workers and local authorities.
- Cripps Pemberton Greenish Trust Corporation is often appointed as an attorney or deputy, either on its own or jointly with family members to put in place someone responsible for dealing with financial management.
- Advising spouses where one is losing capacity, including restructuring of their will to protect their assets from assessment for means tested benefits.
- Advising on care fee funding and assisting in discussions with local authorities as well as dealing with appeals against decisions about funding.
- Arranging for assessment of mental capacity by independent experts.