Our team are experts in all kinds of trusts. We provide our clients with specialist legal and tax advice, combining the work of lawyers, chartered tax advisers and dedicated trust administrators. Trust advice can be part of an overall wealth planning service or stand alone.
Whether you are keen to minimise your exposure to inheritance tax, protect a disabled relative’s finances or create trusts for your grandchildren, we ensure your assets are structured in the best possible way. We can also ensure that proceeds from your life policy and lump sum benefits are maximised in the event of your death.
It is important for us to get to know you and understand your priorities. We sit down, explain the practicalities and tax implications of each type of trust, and discuss the best course of action.
If creating an offshore trust is the best option, we have an international team with extensive experience advising on cross-border tax and succession planning.
You can then leave the formalities to us: we check necessary documentation, transfer assets into the trust, and transfer assets into your new trust. If needed, we can also deal with tax returns as well as making sure you comply with all legal requirements.
If you require a professional trustee or executor, we recommend Cripps Pemberton Greenish Trust Corporation (CTC). This provides continuity, independence and professional trusteeship.
- Advising a wealthy client on how to create a disabled person’s trust for the benefit of her nephew. This avoided a substantial lifetime charge to inheritance tax without adversely affecting the disabled beneficiary’s entitlement to receive benefits.
- Advising a wealthy client with concerns about a child’s financial stability and potential marriage difficulties on how to set up a trust. The child and grandchildren were able to receive a benefit but the client retained control.
- Making use of the potential inheritance tax saving available by creating a succession of family trusts every seven years.
- Established education trusts for grandchildren of numerous clients, as part of our wealth management strategy and planning services.
- Advising and implementing the establishment of 24 pilot trusts in relation to a SIPP in the context of the overall wealth of the client.
Don't just take our word for it...
"Cripps Pemberton Greenish has a "very good reputation" for its private client practice, which often handles complex, high-value matters with international aspects."
"I'm very, very impressed with the firm," reports an interviewee, while another praises "the clear professional advice that they offer and the swift responses that they always give."
"Sources also describe them as 'innovative, forward-looking and flexible.'"