Our Risk and Compliance team are currently recruiting for a Compliance Coordinator to join them at our Tunbridge Wells office. The role is ideal for anybody who wants to build their compliance experience with a growing and modern law firm and be part of a knowledgeable and supportive team. We are open to seeing graduate applications with a background in risk and compliance, or candidates with prior commercial work experience within a risk and compliance team dealing with AML checks including Legal Secretaries.
The Compliance Coordinator will join a small team responsible for carrying out the new client and matter opening process in accordance with the firm’s policies and procedures. This involves working closely with other members of the compliance team and with fee earning teams across the firm, whose clients include both individuals and businesses based in the UK and worldwide.
Main duties of the role will include:
- Managing incoming requests for client and matter opening
- Carrying out anti-money laundering checks for new clients and matters and maintaining relevant records in accordance with the firm’s policies
- Keeping up to date with giving proactive guidance or answering queries on the firm’s relevant policies and procedures
- Providing face-to-face training on the firm’s relevant policies and procedures to new joiners and other staff members
- Assisting with the administration of the firm’s accreditations, for example, the Law Society’s CQS and WIQS accreditations and its ISO9001 certification.
As a top 100 law firm, we are not only dedicated to our clients but also to our employees, ensuring that we support each other with learning and development opportunities, clearly defined career progression paths, access to the latest legal tech and a range of benefits that include private health care, a free 24hr counselling services via an Employee Assistance Programme, 25 days of annual leave plus your birthday off (if it falls on a working day) and a charity day to use each year.
If you are interested in this position and would like more information please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are open to considering flexible ways of working from all applicants, please do contact us to discuss how this could work for you. For more information about working for Cripps Pemberton Greenish please click here.
For information on how we handle your personal data please refer to our External Privacy Notice which can be found here.