Our People Team are currently looking to recruit an additional People Advisor to be based at our office in Tunbridge Wells. Reporting to the People Manager and working closely with the People Team, this role will support the team in providing a comprehensive and professional HR service to partners, management and employees across the firm. Its a great time to consider joining us as the team have some really exciting project work that the successful application would be able to contribute to.
This HR generalist role is ideal for anybody who wants to build their HR experience with a growing and dynamic firm. The ideal candidate will have a minimum of three years’ experience working in a HR capacity, with at least one year at advisor level. You will have proven experience of managing employee relation matters and be able to demonstrate experience of dealing with a wide range of issues with confidence.
Key areas of responsibility will include:
The People Advisor will be responsible for people matters concerning those individuals holding the position of Senior Associate level and below; though will be expected to support in all such matters across the business as required:
- Supporting and advising partners and managers on day to day People matters
- Work with the Senior People Manager, People Manager and People Advisor to provide a comprehensive HR service to the Firm
- Manage discipline, grievance and routine employee relations situations as appropriate i.e. preparing documentation, undertaking investigation meetings, providing advice and guidance to management
- Management of the recruitment process, including drafting and agreeing role profiles/advertisements, interviewing and providing advice/guidance to people managers
- Advise people managers in relation to sickness absence to include confidential discussions with individuals, conducting return to work interviews where necessary, supporting with Occupational Health referrals and preparation of documentation
- Assisting with the on-boarding of new joiners and departure processes for leavers, such as reviewing contracts/right to work checks and conducting exit interviews/liaising with teams regarding recruitment needs
- Actively participating, contributing and progressing People projects and initiatives
- Assisting the People Team with the biannual appraisal process and any people matters arising as a result.
As a top 100 law firm, we are not only dedicated to our clients but also to our people, ensuring that we support each other with training and development opportunities, clearly defined career progression paths, access to the latest legal tech and a range of benefits that include private health care, a free 24hr counselling services via an Employee Assistance Programme, 25 days of annual leave plus your birthday off (if it falls on a working day), a CSR day to use each year as well.
Hybrid working statement:
Our strategy is to put people at the centre of everything we do. We have designed a guide to help employees achieve the right balance between working in the office and working from home, while serving the needs of our clients and the firm. It is likely that most of us will spend around 50% of their time in the office and 50% working from home However we appreciate arrangements may vary from role to role. This approach encourages office time focused on training, supervision, collaboration and innovation, and those tasks that require individual focus to be completed while working at home.
If you are interested in this position and would like more information, please send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org. We are open to considering flexible ways of working from all applicants, please do contact us to discuss how this could work for you. For more information about working for Cripps Pemberton Greenish please click here.
For information on how we handle your personal data please refer to our External Privacy Notice which can be found here.